Better understand HRSG problems and how to avoid them!
This course focuses on the key points that HRSG operations and maintenance personnel need to understand to minimize forced outages and avoid unnecessary repairs. Each presentation is full of photos and illustrations showing actual problems. We share our lessons-learned from hundreds of HRSG inspections and problem investigations. We’ll also do our best to make it an adventure! Our past groups have done off road desert Jeep rides, river rafting, trap shooting and ocean coast boat cruises. No golf outings or conference hall dinner gatherings for our group…too boring!!
Our next HRSG Academy locations are listed below.
Will the Academy be worth your while? Of course it will, but don’t take our word for it! Here are some comments from recent attendees:
- C. Restrepo, Isagen SAESP, “Should be a “must” course to be taken not only for operators, but for maintenance staff . It’s capable of covering not only the basics, but to resume accumulated experience on HRSGs. Really useful and plenty of practical cases.”
- J. Caccamise, Las Vegas Cogen, "HRST does an outstanding job planning and presenting the HRSG Academy. HRST staff is extremely knowledgeable. The HRSG Academy answered questions that I didn't even know to ask. A wealth of knowledge from not only HRST, but from attendees who shared success and failure stories."
- L. Webbiking, NAES, “Great course. Basic enough to understand; detailed enough to learn many new things.”
- C. Funk, Southern Company, "Training with HRST is an investment that pays off in a big way. It will improve the operational and maintenance understanding of all power plant personnel; from the one making decisions to the one turning the wrenches!"
- M. Advokaat, Rjnmond Energie, “Good training and very good knowledge of trainers. Open and pleasant ambiance. Well organized, thanks!”
- W. Holcomb, Magnolia Energy “A wealth of useful information professionally done!”
- J. Bales, Turlock Irrigation District, “I have been in the power plant industry for 20 years and have been to dozens of classes/seminars and this class was by far the most informative and professional so far.”
- J. Stine, North American Energy Services, “I found it all very informative. Just got into the area of Power Gen using large 3 pressure HRSGs, so all of it is great info to take back to the plant. I’m already thinking of changes to make to our SOPs to increase HRSG longevity.”
- W. Thomasson, AEC Vann Power Plant, “The HRSG Academy is definitely worthwhile. I benefited from the knowledgeable instructors as well as the interaction with other HRSG owners. I have an abundance of advice, tips, and techniques to take home.”
- T. Shook, 500 MW Combined Cycle Plant, “Great topics, the information has great tips for operators and maintenance people. I learned new key points that will help me next outage. I hope to send more staff to future courses.”
- R. Hoog, CPS Energy, “We wanted a course that would make our HRSG inspections more effective and the Academy gave us exactly what we were looking for and more. Understanding the fundamentals of HRSG design made us better, more confident decision makers both during outages and in our daily operations.”
- P. Lofton, Tampa Electric Company, “In my estimation, the HRSG Academy is the premier Heat Recovery Steam Generator Training program in existence today. If you're interested in learning about inspections, maintenance, operations and performance aspects of HRSG's, this training should be your number one choice.”
- G. Hissett, TransCanada Energy, "Excellent common sense approach to inspection, maintenance and repairs. Good preventable maintenance approach to avoid extended shutdowns."
Whether your plant is old, new or not yet finished, the Academy will give operations, maintenance and engineering personnel the best and latest information. It’s never too late or too early to extend one’s HRSG knowledge! We’ve analyzed and crawled through hundreds of HRSGs and this course will share “lessons learned.”