Position Title: Systems Engineer
Immediate Supervisor’s Title: Mid-Level Manager
The HRST systems engineer has front line contact with the customer from the proposal stage through project completion. Successful performance in this role requires effective communication, strong analytic skills balanced with practical experience and a strong commitment to developing better processes.
• Perform on-site inspections of power plant HRSGs and boilers and provide customers with practical recommendations which increase reliability and efficiency.
• Perform engineering analysis projects including performance analysis, failure analysis, risk assessment, and other similar studies.
• Prepare Proposals to Clients based on their specific needs. Determine price, describe scope of supply, write proposal, follow up with client, be prepared to answer client questions regarding proposal.
• Promote HRST products and services when appropriate.
• Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
• Technical proficiency two or more of the following fields: heat transfer, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, structural engineering, plant operations, mechanics of materials.
• Ability to travel up to 30-40% travel as an annual average, but may be as high as 50-60% during busy seasons.
• Excellent communication skills to interface with and understand the needs of our clients.
• Good report writing and presentation skills to summarize project results and recommendations.
• Must be able to pass a background investigation, Terrorist Watch List search, motor vehicle, employment eligibility (I9) and drug screening test.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to rent a car.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited College or University is required.
• Minimum 6 years power industry engineering experience. 8-10 years HRSG design experience with HRSG manufacturer or service provider is highly desirable.
• Project management experience is desirable.
Send your inquiries to: [email protected]